Halloween fun, part 2



Halloween came and went, leaving behind discarded pumpkins and leftover mini chocolate bars (which seem to get mini-er every year). There seems to be fewer and fewer kids trick-or-treating every year, too. I'm not sure why that is - maybe they have more Halloween parties and don't bother walking around to collect their treats?

Regardless, we decorated the house with bats and pumpkins made of black and orange construction paper. We also carved two pumpkins, "one with a scary face, and one with a scaredy face," per Ronan's request.

I also made two pumpkins which I can use year after year - these ones made out of wool roving and yarn, with twigs for the stems. I saw these in an old Martha Stewart magazine and have been wanting to make them for a while. They were quick and easy - just strips of yellow and orange roving wrapped around styrofoam balls, and fuzzy orange yarn wound around them to hold the roving in place. A dab of hot glue holds the stem to the top of the pumpkin.

I made one pumpkin according to the directions - with the fuzzy orange yarn wrapped around it to hold the roving in place. But I made the second one with just the roving and it didn't seem to need the yarn. I'm not sure which one I like better.



Actually, my most favourite little pumpkin is this one:


Happy Halloween!

No comments: